Pain Management/Terrible Fear of Death

Question
Hello Denis,

I have a genuine fear of the death, dying moment, and what happens after death, I'm so terrified and I can't get it out of my mind.  I've been thinking so deeply about how old I am now, like my life is so finite, and this fear is escalating in me and I can't seem to stop it, no matter how much I meditate or pray.  I'm a 60 years old female who is careful with a balanced diet of good foods, regular exercise and do everything I can to keep myself in good health.  

I would like advice on what happens at the moment of death, if people die in terror and incredible pain (which is what I've seen) And how long the terror lasts and when I die where will I end up as something tells me I might not end up where I hope to be in the Afterlife.  I don't know why I feel this way and I'm hoping you can help me with this, I am a genuine caring person and always try to do the right thing and help people rather than harm.  Why am I so terrified of Death?  Can you help me please?

Please help !
Regards
Karen

Answer
Karen, I don't usually send questions back, but I must this time. I'm sorry but my expertise does not qualify me to even try to answer your question. I think we all have the same feelings about death, but most of us are so busy living that we put it on the back burner. I suggest you direct this question to a minister or pastoral person, or even a psychiatrist or psychologist. BUT, don't feel it is a stupid question; it is a very valid question, and if you feel paralyzed by fear you should find someone who can answer you or help you.

Pain Management

Patricia M