Pain Management/fleril

Question
Can you tell me the long term side effects of Flexeril. When I was in Maine,I had been on it for years and the Dr had no problem giving it to me. Now I live in fl and one Dr will take it away and another one will give it back to me. Right now I'm off it. Tomorrow I see the Dr and try to get it back. But what's wrong with leaving well enough alone?

Answer
Joyce,  I apologize for the wait. I did not receive your question, because I had Internet connection problems. I'm sorry, I just wanted you to know that you were not being ignored. The drug Flexeril is safe to use,  even long term, as long as a patient is not on an MAO inhibitor or a trycyclic anti-depressant.  There are some cardiac irregularities which can be made worse by long term Flexeril use, however those were the only contraindications  that I found. Why don't you ask your physician why he or she doesn't want you to have them long-term. Good luck. Let me know if I can help further.  

Pain Management

Patricia M