Paintball/Starting a business with inherited land

Question
QUESTION: Hi Jessica,

I inherited about 140 acres of land.  There is nothing on the land now but I am thinking about turning it into a paintball business.  My fiance is a lawyer and can take care of all the legal aspects and zoning but I wanted to know what amount of money do I need to have to get a good business up and going?  Right now, we are thinking we just want to do outside fields because of the amount of land that I have.  About 10 acres is wetlands.  

Thanks,

Melissa

ANSWER: What state?

QUESTION: Georgia.  About 45 miles south of Atlanta.

Answer
A lot of things need to be done first. This is not legal advice. You are advised to consult with your attorney.

The amount to get started will vary. It depends on how well you plan.

These are a few ideas for you to consider.

Plan the layout so fields are convenient to your staging area or future clubhouse. Think about players who should not be climbing hills as you diagram the fields.

Decide on where the individual fields will go, and the target range and chronograph station(s).

Visit with your insurance agent and your banker if you are going to borrow to get the business going.

Talk with your attorney about the wetlands issues.

Startup costs depend on the number of fields to equip, how much marker costs you will have, how many marker and goggle sets do you need for your rental players, etc.  Expect to do some adjusting in the early weeks or months.

You are welcome to write back with further questions--

FOLLOW UP =  did you get the field open?  

Paintball

Jessica Sparks