Painting/How to crack an oil painting

Sam wrote at 2013-01-15 13:31:58
All you have to do is brush or spray on a coat of water based urethane, when it drys it will crackle. then brush on some brownish gray paint (oil or acrylic)and wipe off with a dry rag leaving the paint only in the cracks.

I can answer ALL questions related to watercolor paintings, except appraisal or artist identification. I can answer general questions about oil, acrylic, Chinese painting, and other media. I am NOT an art appraiser at all for any kind. I can only answer questions in aspects of materials, techniques, and critiques. I do NOT have the access to records of auction, painting pricing, or artist files & works, unlike art gallery dealers or art appraisers. I would not know how much an art piece is worth, but I am only an expert in the "art form" but nothing to do with VALUE.

Professional watercolorist for decades. Knowledgeable about all media, but not in value or pricing.

BFA in Fine Art, Painting MA in Art