Painting/N Spence

artnameseeker wrote at 2011-06-27 03:58:02
Re the artist N. Spence. I have a work by this artist. It depicts a street scene in France, Belgium or Germany. It has a street scene with a narrow tram venturing down the street, there is a tree in autumn bloom and people walking in either direction, they appear to be formally dressed and the majority wear hats.I would appreciate receiving more information on this work and the artist. The signature is definately N.Spence

matilda wrote at 2011-11-20 22:04:59
I also have an oil painting by an N Spence. It is an historical view of Regent's Park in London. I bought it in Wimbledon in 1982 from a door-to-door seller. It cost about 150.  

Jon wrote at 2011-11-29 12:28:50
I too have an N. Spence painting.  It is of St. Paul's Cathedral in London. I believe he is a street artist in London. Anyway, I am interested in acquiring additional paintings by this artist.  If you have a painting you are interested in selling, please reply to this post.  Thanks.

Bryce wilson wrote at 2012-07-25 08:32:33
Hi I also have a painting from n spence here in Australia,The painting is beautiful its of France on a grey rainy day with people walking and you can see there shadows in the puddles.Its a very very nice painting.Would any one know its value ?

Worldwidetradingpost Ltd wrote at 2012-11-21 15:54:03
We have a painting by N.Spence that we are looking to sell. If you are still interested get in touch with us It is an oil painting of a London street with St Pauls Cathedral at the end of the street. It also has formally dressed people.

Kind Regards

Theresa wrote at 2013-03-25 04:46:56
I also have two paintings by N. Spence. One small, bought in upstate New York, and then a larger one bought 10 years later on Long Island. I love them both and they are of the same scenes you all ddescribe in London.

Mark wrote at 2013-12-28 17:24:22
I also have a painting by N. Spence.  I was trying to research the painter also but was able to find anything other than what has been previously posted. My painting is approx. 4'x2 1/2'. Looks like St. Paul Cathedral also.  

Chinicat wrote at 2014-04-30 00:45:09
Yes, I too bought a N. Spence painting years ago in Brisbane Australia.  Sounds very similiar to the rainy street scene in Paris.  I often wondered who this painter is.

jean wrote at 2014-10-17 07:34:47
I have an N.Spence oil painting that I inherited from my grandmother ,its based on  some scenery which I believe might be somewhere in Europe with a huge building and a beautifull autumn tree on the oneside and people walking in either directions  

Rhett wrote at 2015-01-23 09:35:54
Hi. I bought a painting today at an Albany auction. Seems to be very similar to Jean's above, Large tree to the right , large central building and side buildings. People walking seems after a shower of rain. Guessing its Paris. Signed. Its a clever piece and I would like to know more about the artist Thanks.

RadRon wrote at 2015-04-22 07:48:04
My name is Jones not Jonser How the hell could you answer this question with such a "look@me" answer

Rose Red wrote at 2015-05-21 11:53:16
I also have an oil painting by N. Spence. It is a scene from Paris, with the Arc de Triomphe. I paid $A50 for it in a charity shop in Townsville.

I would love to find out more about this artist.

Rhett wrote at 2016-01-18 14:27:48
Just to add to my note above. My picture is on Masonite (first patented in 1928) and on research its not of St. Pauls but the French Pantheon in Paris.

I can answer ALL questions related to watercolor paintings, except appraisal or artist identification. I can answer general questions about oil, acrylic, Chinese painting, and other media. I am NOT an art appraiser at all for any kind. I can only answer questions in aspects of materials, techniques, and critiques. I do NOT have the access to records of auction, painting pricing, or artist files & works, unlike art gallery dealers or art appraisers. I would not know how much an art piece is worth, but I am only an expert in the "art form" but nothing to do with VALUE.

Professional watercolorist for decades. Knowledgeable about all media, but not in value or pricing.

BFA in Fine Art, Painting MA in Art