Painting/Oil painting By M.Scott

Stephane wrote at 2010-01-06 13:25:56
hi have the SAME painting subject wise it's just in a different format square...and mine as a 3d effect if can describe it like that... Trees and base of tree stick out of the canvas really nice and all...

NO water fall and an everegreen instead of a maple on the left but it's incredibly similar...

Bought on park ave in montreal by a traveling salesman (artist himself ) i can't say it's grand art but really nice for my cottage

Stéphane

diana wrote at 2010-02-13 23:14:42
i , also , have one VERY similar....as a matter of fact...same exact fram !!! got mine at a tag sale in bennington vt for 5 bucks ! it , to me , is beautifull......so no matter what the value , its a keeper .

diana

John Williams wrote at 2010-03-25 18:33:37
I have a similar painting in my front room. It was purchased for £50 in a market in Barnstaple, North Devon in 1996. I believe the artist is know locally and his relations operated the stall. I purchased the painting because I liked it and still do.If the question is not indiscreet, how much did you pay?

Tatiana wrote at 2010-04-28 18:26:31
I've found the canvas of M. Scott in the basement of the old house on Manhattan Beach, in brooklyn. You would not believe but the canvas served instead of  glass on a broken window. It was dirty and in a dust. I asked Super's permission to take that canvas. He looked at me like I am an idiot and said "do you really need this s...t?", I said "yes". That's how I got my treasure. I cleaned it carefully and found out that the canvas is amazing. I made some research in internet and didn't find anything about "M.Scott". But the style of my canvas is the same one like I see on your picture. Definetely, it's the same M.Scott. I would like to know something about this painter, he is definetely someone special. Thank you.

EILEEN ALBRECHT wrote at 2010-07-09 01:38:31
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: MY BROTHER IN LAW IS A FANATIC FAN OF M SCOTT AND HAS OVER 25 PIECES AS I DO MYSELF, HE IS THE ONLY ARTIST I KNOW WHO PAINTS WITH A THREE DIMENSIONAL MEDIUM TO GIVE THE PICTURE DEPTH. ALL HIS WORK IS BASICALLY THE SAME PICTURE WITH DIFFERENT SEASONS OF COLOR ALSO MAGNIFICENT BLACK AND WHITES

John wrote at 2010-07-20 23:45:31
Hi, I bought a similar painting (oil on canvas) which looks almost the same with same name "M.Scott", my painting is measured 38"x50", and I also was curious about the artist.  Any info would be helpful...Thanks, John

Derek wrote at 2010-08-20 18:57:33
I also recently purchased a landscape painting by M Scott. It illustrates a river, mountains, and trees. I tried looking him up on Google and I found a couple of auction sites that were selling his work. (With the exact same signature) The asking price was around $50. I would suggest not trying to sell your pieces as their beauty is worth a lot more.

Simon Hunt wrote at 2010-08-26 00:53:50
I, like yourself, am curious about this artist.  What I can tell you is that I really enjoy his work.  The raised relief,3D effect, is on all the paintings that I own by him.  They vary from as small as 5 x 7 inches to as large as 2 x 3 feet.  They also represent all of the seasons and show the features of each.  For example, the Winter paintings all have snow in the work, the Autumn has leaves in different degrees of color changes, and the Spring and Summer works display waterfalls and sunny landscapes.  The artist also does work in black and white, all different shades of blue and sunset colors.  I can also tell you that I have purchased the art in New York and Ohio.  If you find out more about the Artist, please let me know.

Shilo wrote at 2010-09-05 21:50:52
Hi Judy, I also purchased a painting at a tent sale signed M Scott that is similar to yours but in black and white. Where did you purchase your painting and have you been able to find any information on M Scott? I purchased the painting in central NY.

Thanks

Shilo

The Mac wrote at 2010-09-27 01:30:16
I know plenty of this, M. Scott, and I am a huge fan. I like to collect his/her paintings, and am looking for more. If you need to know anything, let me know.

Chasingeuphony wrote at 2010-10-24 21:25:16
I have a landscape oil painting from M Scott that I purchased in La Jolla, CA 11 years ago. It's a black and white, I believe it's the same artist.

Chasingeuphony wrote at 2010-10-24 21:31:33
I have an M Scott painting I purchased from a kiosk in La Jolla, California, near University Town Center in 1998.

Does anyone know what the M stands for?

Chris wrote at 2010-11-10 19:26:08
Hi Folks

Yesterday I bought a very similar picture (mountain, trees, lake etc but in landscape format) from a charity shop in Hampshire UK. I paid £10 which is nothing for such a lovely picture. I would also like to know more about the artist if anyone knows.  

karl hughes wrote at 2010-12-13 16:08:52
i can help a little with this i have a similar painting painted by the same artist , in fact when my grandma bought hers{now ours we was with her and i distinctly remember seeing you painting on display in fact i am sure grandma could not make her mind up between them ours is very similar except it is turned 180 degees , when we bought it he had a exhibition in rhyl n.wales uk, i have been looking for another on to match for anothe wall.

rwilson wrote at 2010-12-13 19:00:58
I have a painting by this artist as well. it is the night time picture with the moon ontop of the mountain.  

markitalynn wrote at 2011-01-04 00:32:22
I acquired a picture by M Scott also (signature is EXACTLY the same-so I know it is the same person) when my mom took over a condo in FL and the people could not take it with them when they moved back to IN. It is large (24 x 36) and is in the landscape mode. It has regular trees on the left bank, a lake offset toward the right, mountains behind the lake, with evergreens in front of them, and regular trees on the right bank. I also love the 3D effect he/she uses.

A. Monteiro wrote at 2011-01-07 02:53:16
I also have very similar painting. I brought 2 of them at a yard sale in Rhode Island about 10 years ago. I fell in love with the  detail. I brought them for $50. I gave one to my sister and the others hanging in my foyer. I would love any information on this artist as well.

Donna wrote at 2011-02-07 03:35:47
I have one very similar to yours. I would also like to know more about this artist. We really like it, whether or not it is valuable.

eric wrote at 2011-02-18 22:18:24
I have almost the exact same painting also by M. Scott.  Mine is a landscape vs. a portrait but the mountain and stream are identical.  I purchased mine in New Jersey.  I was hoping it was a Michael Scott as he seems to be fairly well known.  Chances are it is just an unknown, albeit talented, artist.  

katie wrote at 2011-02-28 21:03:11
i also have a M Scott painting with 3d effect again woodlands on the left with the trunk of the trees and bottom of the tree in 3d. There is an opening in the trees in which there is a lake with slight water fall just of center to the right and snow capped mountains in the far distances the signature is on the bottom right hand corner in white ? is measures 100cm by 70 cm including frame, but i too would like to know more about this lovely painting and artist ? i brought it in 1998 in dartford, kent  

Elizabeth wrote at 2011-03-01 19:13:46
This artist must really get around.  The same type of painting by an M. Scott hangs in a pawn shop in Merritt Island, FL.

joe wrote at 2011-03-04 14:28:24
i to have a painting by m scott trees river mountains but with a ghostly figure through entire frame does anyone else have this.

deloris north wrote at 2011-03-04 20:25:10
hello my name is deloris north, i live in tonasket wa. we just 2 weeks ago went to the starving artist show in spokane wa , and i purchased a painting there by m scott, it looks similar to yours,and what i liked was how the artist has the tree trunks and clumps of flowers stick out. there were several by scott there and they were all painted in this fashion. the starving artists show i was told is held every year in spokane, and i will plan on going next year and purchase 2 more by m scottm86

Karen Lillestol wrote at 2011-03-22 21:02:03
Hello, I have a very similar painting - horizontal format, purchased in Redmond, WA USA in the late 1990's.  I bought it from a street vendor going door to door in my business park. He told me that it was the Golan Heights, Israel, for which I replied, really?  Not too sure about that. It is 3D as well and signed by M.Scott.  

Petru wrote at 2011-03-29 12:31:56
I inherited this picture when my dad passed away two years ago. I thought it was ugly! Took a long time to hand it, but I hanged it, and it looks OK. I think these paintings must be mass produced like I Carieri's paintings in Chine??? Does anybody know maybe? I am based in South Africa.

LM wrote at 2011-04-25 15:01:59
I have a similar painting but very large.  Also painted by M Scott.  It is like a textured painting bringing the relief of the vegetation out like 3D.  I like it a lot.

vette39180 wrote at 2011-04-30 05:14:12
I found several paintings by this artist in a store in Alabama.  Although his/her paintings are very similar, none are exactly the same.  I have fell in love with his/her work.  I had a piece on reserve; however due to the storms and tornadoes, I wasn't able to purchase my painting before returning to MS.  I was hoping to find something online, but have been unsuccessful. The six hour drive there and back is well worth it though.

Jon B wrote at 2011-05-01 01:40:06
I got mine at Salvation Army in Winter Haven, Florida. It is very sweet. Definitely a keeper.

PL wrote at 2011-05-01 18:04:16
The japanese restaurant I'm working in right now has one of M Scott's painting hanging on the wall. It's black and white, and yes with all the trees, mountain, and waterfall in 3D effect. I always curious who the painter is and maybe before I quit, I might ask the owner if he would sell it to me. Ah yeah, and the restaurant locates in west Palm Beach, FL.

Carol wrote at 2011-06-28 14:23:38
I have a painting that is very similar also signed by M. Scott. It is a tall oil painting using a technique that builds the oil paint about a quarter inch in places to give a 3-D look. I purchased it in Lake Geneva from a dealer that sells work by many unknown artists. The price tag is still on the back for $39.00. I think I bought in 2003.

From your photo, I am pretty sure it is the same artist. Will be glad to send a photo if you want.

Laura wrote at 2011-06-29 05:04:43
I have the same painting, but it is a mirror image!! the one that I have, though, has a lot of texture on it.

reV wrote at 2011-07-02 22:33:48
...Actually, I have a painting by the same artist, and on occasion I've seen his work for sale on eBay. I bought my 36x48 framed for around $250 from a local art collector about 10 years ago and it sits over my living room couch and is the focal point of the room. The artist's use of 3-d texturing always gathers the bulk of the complements.

I have not seen an painting identical to mine, though I have seen one quite similar to mine depicting a different time of year.

I do not know who he or she is, but also I have not researched the subject in over 3 years and bet other's have more info than I do.

Joan Stringer wrote at 2011-08-02 14:01:41
I know of the artist M Scott. I bought many paintings from her when I lived on North Vancouver Island where she lives.

Joan

Wolf wrote at 2011-08-13 18:45:47
Hi I have the same type of art of M Scott and I stay in South Africa is there any value to this paintings

finderskeepers wrote at 2011-08-13 23:22:22
I recently purchased a large breathtakingly beautiful 3-D (muliple layers of paint on tree trunks and leaves at the base of the trees)landscape painting signed M. Scott at a yard sale for $25 in Bremerton, WA.  

Kelly Gray wrote at 2011-09-12 17:24:45
I just went to a traders market here in Ohio and I bought 2 of his oil paintings and I love them.  He actually is a local artist in Ohio and very talented.  I would have bought a few more of his pieces if I had the money.  Maybe in a month or so I will be able to buy a few more.  

phill wrote at 2011-09-22 04:20:00
I have a fairly large 4.5 by 4 foot painting from artst m scott, it is beautiful with the 3d effect in the tree and logs wih a river running down the middle from a short waterfall, als has beautiful mountains in the back, I'm actually looking to sell, I'm in florida my number is 8632052109

Pam wrote at 2011-09-24 01:54:51
My name is Pam and I also have the same painting by M Scott

Romona wrote at 2011-10-20 21:03:05
I'm looking to sell the one I have but was wondering what they went for originally.

emma wrote at 2011-10-30 20:24:49
i have a picture very much the same as yours signed m.scott just wondered is yours 3D and have u found out anymore bout it . thanks  

SunshinegirlinFlorida wrote at 2011-11-13 17:58:30
I bought an M. Scott painting at a yard sale here in Clearwater, FL.  I do not know the value although mine was $50.00 and worth EVERY cent of it.  Not sure if he is a well-known oil painter although he DID live in Clearwater in 2010, was going through a divorce and selling his paintings.  They were everywhere in their home and ALL OF THEM very beautiful.  I don't put a $$ value on my large painting.  I just feel blessed to wake up and look at it everyday.  

robbie270 wrote at 2011-11-16 14:48:11
I have a similar style by the same Artist M.Scott w/ double waterfall and mountain background farther in the distance.

Water has texture design to it and like it. Bought it for a dollar at an auction about 5-7 yrs ago. Just thought I'd let you know.

RH wrote at 2012-01-01 02:56:13
Would also like to know.  My Mother purchased one also several years ago in a thrift store around the Ft. Lauderdale, FL area.  It still hangs on the will in the condo in Sunrise.

mariana coleman wrote at 2012-02-01 06:40:46
I bought the same painting by the same artist on the 29/1/2012 and wonder if an artist paint the same painting over and over

Derek wrote at 2012-02-14 08:11:27
I have a painting from M. Scott with the same style and similar landscape.  Mine is at night and off a river, but very similar.  I bought my painting in South Carolina so maybe he is local. I don't know where you bought yours, but maybe we could figure it out together because I love this artists style!

Phil wrote at 2012-03-10 15:39:05
I, too, have a M. Scott painting, done in the black and white style... Although the blacks and greys are more of a blueish color. It has the typical mountains, waterfall, and trees, with a 3D effecton trees and under growth. I bought it off of a Craigslist ad in Lansing, Michigan for $60... Well worth the price for such a beautiful painting. It is unframed, and looks like it has not yet ever been framed. So, what I have gathered from this, the artist is a local man from  the U.K., a woman from Vancouver,  or a man from Florida? If anyone has info on the REAL M. Scott, email me at pjackman1970@hotmail.com, if you don't mind! Thank you!

Katie wrote at 2012-03-11 01:25:17
I also have a painting similar to this one and am trying to discover the artist. I bought mine in Orlando,FL. If you would like to see a photo of this painting to compare, I would be more than happy to upload one.

karen wrote at 2012-04-07 23:52:03
I have a very similar painting. I bought it in the Boston MA area from an artist doing street sales. It is signed M. Scott. I don't believe the painting is worth much but the way he uses a raised texture is very beautiful. So beautiful that I turned around in Boston traffic, crossed a 4 lane street to get him. He is a very fast painter. He pained a complete painting in about 20 minutes and charged me $60.00 which included a frame. Enjoy the painting. It now how much its worth to sell but how much it worth to you. I met the artist he not famous in anyway, but should be.

Will wrote at 2012-05-22 21:07:29
M. Scott is a European oil paint landscape artist and mainly paints the landscape that you have. He does put an artistic aspect to it, though. Some paintings contain only the colors of black white and blue, and some have only red black and white. His paintings are quite interesting and I hope he gets the popularity that he deserves in the future. I have one of the paintings. I hope to add more of his paintings to my collection. I hope this helps, at least a little.

Wendy wrote at 2012-06-07 11:46:16
I have 2 paintings by m Scott and love them both so much due to the 3 d effect but due to a house move have to sell them as i cant take them with me . Do you think an art collector would take them or are they only worth a small amount and maybe worth just putting on eBay  

jude wrote at 2012-07-07 17:31:30
i have a nearly identical work from m scott. lots of pinks same mtns and trees,although mine is presented horizontally rather than vertically.  

Joan wrote at 2012-08-06 16:23:42
I have two paintings by this same M. Scott.  They were sold at an outdoor exhibit in front of the local mall.  The salesman says the paintings are from Chicago.  Don't know anything more about them, but though perhaps it might help the other M. Scott owner.  The paintings weren't too expensive and I just liked the scenes.  I have one similar to his and also another that is a winter scene of perhaps the three sisters mountains in the Grand Tetons.

Winona wrote at 2012-08-07 15:52:53
We also just purchased an M. Scott oil painting of a similar scene only in winter,same raised texture, same frame even.We too would like more info.Artist signature is bottom left

Kelly wrote at 2012-10-03 14:42:09
I have a painting signed "M Scott" that is very similar to yours. I LOVE mine! The tree bark has a 3D texture to it. I purchased mine in Nashville, IN (Brown County). Hope this helps!!

George wrote at 2012-10-21 04:08:06
I have the same painting in a black and white setting.  I just like the painting and

am sure it is probably not worth much.  I bought mine in 2002.

finderskeepers wrote at 2013-01-03 17:13:08
I found this black and white original landscape painting by M. Scott on Yessy art gallery website. Perhaps they know this artist and have previously commissioned him to paint for them.  His name is no longer listed among the list of artists http://www.yessy.com/AART/paintings.html?i=2494

dennis wrote at 2013-01-08 23:51:35
Here is the story about M. Scott.  I am sure there are M Scotts who are artists, but these M Scott paintings discussed are mass productions.  The process is interesting.  Several artists (overseas, of course) with different specialties are employed to make them.  I agree they are pretty, but if you want more, here is how we did it.  We went to a local Starving Artist show and found countless painting under this signature.  Not a realy single person, just an American name signed to let us think local...  Overall good works and we will buy more.

jerry wrote at 2013-01-11 04:12:12
I have a small "m. scott" signed, got from an internet auction site, very cheap, was just attracted to it on-line and when I got it liked it very much. The 3-D effect technique was not noted on the auction post and not determinable from the on-line auction photo. A previous comment posted,  "dennis wrote at 2013-01-08 23:51:35", previous to this comment, seems to make sense to me. Why would one artist paint basically the same scene over and over again? If in fact there is one M. Scott, I have not been able, through the limitations of internet research, to find information on him. Some of the previous comments concerning who and where re M. Scott are interesting, but anecdotal. WHO and WHERE in the WORLD is m. scott?????

tomgeese wrote at 2013-01-19 03:11:41
This is really quite fascinating. I looked at this Site because I also have two 8X10 paintings signed by M. Scott. Mine are seemingly two different perspectives of the same background in different seasons. Also i can report the unique 3D effect. Most interesting is I bought mine from a seller who indicated he was out of WilkesBarre PA. I bought them in 1996 or 1997 at the latest. 16 years for a mass production under the same name and in the same style?  

HL wrote at 2013-01-24 02:33:29
Hi there, I also have a painting by M. Scott, very similar scene. I got mine in SA around 15years ago. They are lovely and relaxing scenes.

Shelly wrote at 2013-01-28 00:41:37
George I to have a raised canvas painting very similar to yours signed M. Scott , it looks somewhat older than the one you have listed the photo of, I was just wandering how far spred this artist paintings are, I livein north Alabama, thanks looking forward to your post.

Shelly wrote at 2013-01-28 01:39:39
I have a oil painting the base of the trees on my painting also protrudes as well as other parts of the tree trunks, mountainous background small river splits with small island, small waterfall to left side, very beautiful. However I am from a total different region of the country than all you guys, I am in Alabama. Also I have another fine piece, it is also a wilderness scene,snow capped mountain, snow covered trees and a beautiful flowing stream, only signed Heller, any ideas who this artist could be please post, it is equally as nice work as the Scott, thanks Shelly  

Barb Johnson wrote at 2013-06-02 22:03:10
I have a similar painting by M. Scott.  Purchased at the Orangeville Mall, Ontario Canada about 1997 or 1998.

Mr Hornblower wrote at 2013-06-24 19:55:16
Hello, I wonder if you could help me ? I don't have a painting by Scott, but one signed Valentine 69 which also has trees painted with the trunks done in a raised 3D effect, and I can't seem to find his first name or any other works by him. Just on the off chance that someone out there that is familiar with that kind of 3D effect might have come across him.  

Nam wrote at 2013-06-28 16:56:21
I also own a oil painting by M.Scott.  The subject is very similar however it is in landscape instead of portrait. Same mountain in the forest with waterfall.  I would like to know more about it too.

Louise wrote at 2013-11-02 22:15:31
I have a painting similar to this one with the name M Scott on the bottom of it.  I found it at a consignment shop in Newport, North Carolina  

Joyce wrote at 2013-11-14 23:36:04
 Hi I too have 0ne of these beautiful paintings by M. Scott.

A "Fall" scene. I just purchased it a week ago through a "paper-bidding" auction ... fun I'm from Harriston,Ontario, Canada.   Joyce

Avefenix wrote at 2013-12-08 04:55:21
I found one today 3d detail but this one is unlike everyone else's, fire and sky elements mirrored through water below it is breathtaking

Tammy wrote at 2013-12-10 09:12:00
I have the oil canvas very similar to your except my is of the  scene. I purchased my on a cruise in the late 1980's. I thought I was told the artist is Michael Scott.  

porkchop wrote at 2013-12-18 06:18:41
I have the same general painting but signature is s m scott and I have not seen anyone else mention this

Anonymous wrote at 2014-03-08 22:03:01
Bout a set of four 8x10 same scene described one fore each season, bought in Frisco, TX 2013

Agile wrote at 2014-11-26 19:45:09
I actually have the same exacting painting. when I was 18 years old back in 2000 a young man came to my parents house selling his paintings door to door. I puchased one of them from him which happens to be the exact same painting you posted.  I wonder how many copies of the exact painting exist.

Jon wrote at 2015-03-05 00:51:12
This is a mass produced piece used in the door to door art scam for which I fell for. still a beautiful piece you can get for around 50 bucks.  

Lex wrote at 2015-10-05 05:05:23
I have one very  similiar that I just aquired. Its obviously done by the same artist.. Just doing a little research if I can find out more info.

Pratt44 wrote at 2015-10-16 17:04:50
Not sure if this helps but I own one very similar (almost exact) that I bought around 2002 at a "poor artist fair" in Tucson, Arizona. He/she might be local to there.

Ron T. Shaw wrote at 2016-01-05 03:17:56
Yes, I purchased an oil painting today, signed by M. Scott, which is a beautiful Raised almost duplicate of the one featured

in this article, except no waterfall- just a stream. What makes

it so beautifully Unique is the raised 3-D effects. I have never

really seen any enhanced Oil Painting like this in my Life.

Brian Orlando wrote at 2016-03-18 14:28:12
I also have a very similar painting signed by M.Scott, looks to be by the same painter.  I purchased it at a yard sale in Virginia a couple of years ago.

Ben Lester wrote at 2016-04-01 20:53:05
I believe this artist is the type to paint the same over and over. My reason for this belief is that this exact painting is hanging in the office at job here in Ohio. The only difference is that the painting is horizontal rather than parallel. I can tell it is hand painted using a jell medium. However, there are no saying how many times the artist known as M. Scott has reproduce this image. I know of three of this exact depiction have been produced and that's just what I can find. Other painting form this artist are selling anywhere from $350-$500. If I took anything from art school it is that art is only worth what someone will pay for it.  

roelof van helsdingen wrote at 2016-06-08 20:09:33
Hi I have a painting  of m scott  with tree bark and snowy mountain in 3d Is it worth something? I am in south africa

Painting

Judy