Painting/Miriam Haworth, April 1952 Painting

Jann Haworth wrote at 2009-07-07 23:20:43
Hello-yes I know Miriam Haworth she is my mother and April is my sister. I had not seen this piece on line before-It's really lovely. MH is still a working artist-lives and works now in England. She has works in the Museum of Mod Art NY in Library of Congress collection-V& A to name a few.

I can't tell from the photo if it is a print or a painting. If there is a number other than the date at the bottom it may be a print ....

Jann Haworth

Jann Haworth wrote at 2009-08-27 16:18:35

Miriam is my mother- I sent off a reply on this but not sure if

it ever got to the owner--The painting is M and the baby is my

sister April [who is also an artist --google her books: 'Look'

and another 'Look Again' and 'Magpie Magic'.

jann haworth wrote at 2010-01-22 22:58:18

this is a work by my mother and a self portrait of herself and my

sister....Jann Haworth and my sister: April

lucido wrote at 2010-02-04 09:47:07
Dear James,

I think this sounds like a self portrait. April is the name of Miriam's second daughter who would have been born around that time.

andyc wrote at 2011-10-01 16:09:08
what a beautiful painting. Miriam was an American artist, painter and printmaker who lived in England. Sadly she died last year. This must be a self portrait with her second daughter April. April is also an accomplished artist and illustrator in her own right. If you have any further questions, (also if you were ever to consider selling this painting), please contact me via

Upanatm wrote at 2012-11-15 01:57:34
Miriam Haworth art are serigraphs, google that for more definition. Pieces are generally originals and she did multiple copies of them so they are numbered originals rather than numbered prints.

Miriam Haworth's daughter Jann designed the cover of the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album.

I have three M. Haworth's and enjoy them so much.

LB wrote at 2013-05-10 03:42:54
The picture you have is done by my grandmother Miriam Haworth and must have been a self portrait with her daughter April. I think it must be a print and E 30 might refer to an edition of 30?

James Few, PSA

Painting -- Specifically soft Pastels medium. I am listed in Whos Who in American Art. Signature member of the Pastel Society of America. My paintings have been exhibited in numerous National Juried Exhibits across the US. I can best answer questions about pastels and pastel technique, My secondary medium is acrylics.

I have been painting with pastels since 1980 But am no longer painting regularly.