Painting/oil painting

April Cronin wrote at 2011-06-06 00:49:16
Hi Ashley I have an old oil painting by a Stuart also. The signatures look alike to me. The painting hung in my great grandfather's bar in New Orleans, La for many years and it was handed down to my grandmother. I came across it in her old storage building and have been trying to find out who he is. The picture is of an old colonial soldier with the metal hat and rifle. I would really love to hear if you have found any more information about him. Please let me know Thank you..

carguy wrote at 2012-09-09 20:37:58
This is the signature of Stuart,  Lee Reynolds Burr's brother. His paintings were typically published via the Vangaurd Studios in California in the late 60's.

fnandused wrote at 2014-10-25 19:04:19
I have a painting with very similar signature on it. Please let me know if it is of any value thanks my email

Mary wrote at 2015-08-18 13:11:57
Hi Ashley, I too have an oil painting by Stuart which looks like your signature. My picture is what looks like polo players on horses with a yellow and white sky. My Mother-in-Law was an art collector and has passed away about 13 years ago. I too would like information on this artist if anyone can help. Thank You Mary  

Ryan wrote at 2016-04-13 05:58:36
So I have a painting by the same artist. Looks like knife choppy paint with a boy and a girl hugging in rags about 1920's British folk art. I would really to know the artist and value. Ryan

Mystery Paintings wrote at 2016-04-25 15:12:10
Hello, I would just like to say that I have been searching for some info on what I believe may be the same artist. Just so you know that there are more of these paintings, I believe I have two. If I knew how to post a pic, I would gladly show you. I thought you might find that interesting.

Josef-Peter Roemer

Cannot answer questions on appraisals of art work, or digital art.

My experience is in Painting in the following mediums, Oil and Acrylic paints, Water color and Pastels. I paint Portraits, Landscapes, Cityscapes, and Satire. I have been painting professionally since 1975. I paint portraits from life and from reference materials.

Salmagundi Club, New York City, NY (Elected Member) Kuenstlerbund Dresden, Dresden Germany (Elected Member)

Southwest Blend Magazine, Arizona The Californian, Temecula, CA Tacoma News Tribune, Tacoma, WA

BAFA - The Evergreen State College, LLB Blackstone School of Law, MFA - Warnborough College