Painting/Art (painting) question

Clown Gus Nall Painting
Clown Gus Nall Paintin  

clown gus nall painting
clown gus nall paintin  
I recently purchased this painting at a garage sale.  It was painted for the gentleman by his uncle (verified by him).  The painting is signed "Gus Nall" who I believe is a known artist.  Through research, I found the signiture to be identical.

The question I have for you is...because it is one of a kind and differs from the artists usual subjects, does it make it more valuable?

The painting is signed by the artist.  On the matting it reads  "To rusty from uncles rusty and gus".

The gentleman I purchased it from was about 45-50 years of age.

Dear Lori,

I'm sorry but I don't think the painting you have was painted by the known painter, "Gus Nall."  To begin with, the signature is not even close and the subject matter adds more doubt.  In addition, the style and brushwork of the painter don't match that of the known painter.  Do you have any provenance with this painting?  This would prove it was painted by the known painter, Gus Nall.

Robert M. Vincent

Robert M. Vincent

Past/Present clients include several galleries and specialty retail shops in Louisiana, Texas, and Florida. Also, several commissions in Watercolor, Oil Paintings, Glass & Tile Mosiac, Charcoal, and Metal Sculpture from large corporations to private collectors.