Painting/Frank Lean

Question
Hello kind sir,

I have recently gain a lovely piece if art work by the talented Frank Lean. I was wondering if you could tell me if it is worth me keeping to hang in the front room or would be be better situated in a specialists hands? If so, what price range should I be looking to sell for?

I understand that you may not beable to answer the question (out of choice, after reading your bio) but it would be greatly appreciated if you could indicate an area I should be lookin in and around.

Sincerely,
C.Northey

Answer
Dear Christopher,

I get questions like this almost everyday and my response involves me asking you a question.  Do you like this painting? Does it make you happy or does it remind you of something dear to you?  I ask these questions because the value of art is somewhat relative.  For instance, Vincent van Gogh sold one painting during his life and now owning one of his paintings would surely make you and your banker quite happy.  Certainly his paintings have not changed, so why is there a huge difference in the monetary value of his paintings?  One obvious reason would be people's taste in art has changed; possibly even evolved.  I would like to think there is a renewed appreciation for art simply for arts sake.

So, what is my point?  It is simply this, the monetary value of your painting may and possibly will change over the years but if your painting has intrinsic value to you, then it certainly deserves to stay where it is to continue to please you and all those lucky enough to view it.

I sincerely hope that I have answered your question in a manner that is helpful.  If I can be of any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Robert M. Vincent

Painting

Robert M. Vincent

Past/Present clients include several galleries and specialty retail shops in Louisiana, Texas, and Florida. Also, several commissions in Watercolor, Oil Paintings, Glass & Tile Mosiac, Charcoal, and Metal Sculpture from large corporations to private collectors.