Painting/style of painting

Dear Mr Vincent
Firstly, thank you for offering your expertise to this site and its worldwide audience.
Could you shed any light at all on the style of painting attached?
Is there a particular period in history synonomous with "sacred heart" portraiture?
Any knowledge you could share would be much appreciated.

Dear Nicola,

Thank you for your kind words.  Before I answer your question, I need a bit of information.  It appears from the photo that your painting is a fresco; Is your painting done on canvas or plaster?  Also, I do not see any signature on the photo, does the painting have a signature anywhere on the painting?  Does it have any writing on the back of the painting?  Did you receive any type of provenance with the painting?

Robert M. Vincent

Robert M. Vincent

Past/Present clients include several galleries and specialty retail shops in Louisiana, Texas, and Florida. Also, several commissions in Watercolor, Oil Paintings, Glass & Tile Mosiac, Charcoal, and Metal Sculpture from large corporations to private collectors.