Painting/Etching

Question
etching
etching  
QUESTION: Dear Robert,

I found this at a recent sale. No documentation at all.  I have taken the mat off and no signatures appear on front or back, however the paper used looks extremely old.  Any ideas of where we should start on our quest to find out more?
Thanks

ANSWER: Dear David,

Is there an embossed stamp on the paper(this would indicate the maker of the paper)?  Can you send me a CLOSE-UP photo of the edge of the print ?  I am looking to see whether this is an etching or a lithograph (from the photo you sent I am unable to tell).

Sincerely,
Robert M. Vincent

QUESTION: here is a better picture head on and also a picture of the edge.  No embossing stamp.

Answer
Dear David,

I am sorry but I have yet to identify your etching.  I have contacted several of my colleagues but they as well cannot put a title to your etching.  While the subject matter is quite classical it could be by countless artists.  If I receive information regarding your etching, I will forward it to you ASAP.

Sincerely,
Robert M. Vincent

Painting

Robert M. Vincent

Past/Present clients include several galleries and specialty retail shops in Louisiana, Texas, and Florida. Also, several commissions in Watercolor, Oil Paintings, Glass & Tile Mosiac, Charcoal, and Metal Sculpture from large corporations to private collectors.