Painting/Identify Painting

At Brighton
At Brighton  
At Hastings
At Hastings  
QUESTION: Good Afternoon,

I wonder if you could help me identify two pieces of art. I think they are drawings but they may be prints, entitled At Hastings and At Brighton. I bought them 25 years ago in an antique shop and was told they were 'rare and previously unpublished'. Would you know how I can identify the artist?

Much appreciated

Many thanks

Sally King

ANSWER: Dear Sally,

Based on the photos that you have attached, it appears that you have 2 editioned etching prints not drawings or paintings.  In order to attempt to identify the artist, I need for you to send me a closeup of the artist's signature and the edition information (typically found on the bottom left).

Robert M. Vincent

Bottom left corner (pic 1)
Bottom left corner (pi  

pic 2
pic 2  
QUESTION: Hi Robert,

I have taken some closeups of the bottom left hand corner but I can't decipher any signatures.

Dear Sally,

Unfortunately, I don't see any signatures.  I suggest that you contact some art galleries in and around your area to see if they recognize the prints.  I will keep your information on file and if I come across any information about your prints, I will contact you.

Robert M. Vincent

Robert M. Vincent

Past/Present clients include several galleries and specialty retail shops in Louisiana, Texas, and Florida. Also, several commissions in Watercolor, Oil Paintings, Glass & Tile Mosiac, Charcoal, and Metal Sculpture from large corporations to private collectors.