Painting/print artist identification

Question
full print
full print  
signature
signature  
QUESTION: I purchased this print at a garage sale.  It is not particularly attractive to me, but it was obviously done by a professional artist.  I do not know what reproduction method this represents.  The actual area of the image is sort of 'embossed' with a small indentation into the paper, as if it was stamped, maybe?  I would like to identify the artist, but unfortunately the signature and the name of the image are indecipherable to me.  They do both appear to contain accent marks, which makes mean think French.  It is not numbered that I can tell.  I realize that it may be a complete amateur piece, but any info is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

ANSWER: Dear Don,

While I don't recognize this particular piece and the artist's signature is indecipherable to me as well, I can tell you that what you have is an etching.  The embossed area that you mentioned is from the master plate.  While not unheard of, it is unusual for an etching not to be editioned (e.g., "3/500" which would indicate that particular print was the 3rd print done out of a total of 500).  Is there any information on the back?

Sincerely,

Robert M. Vincent

title
title  
QUESTION: Since the paper on the back of the frame is rather old and brittle, I have gone ahead and removed it.  No information was on the paper or on the cardboard backing that is affixed to the frame.  I suppose I could attempt to remove that as well, but I don't know how the print is attached to that, or to the matte in front of it.  I have also attached an image of the title of the print, which for all that I know could reference the edition.

Answer
Dear Don,

Allow me to apologize for the long delay in getting back to you.  I have been in the hospital due to cardiovascular problems and my wife would not allow me to use my laptop to answer allexperts questions.
Unfortunately, the title you uncovered doesn't reveal any information that helps me identify the artist.  However, I have sent photos of your etching to several colleagues of  mine in hopes that they might recognize the print and/or the style to identify the artist.  If I receive any information from them, I will forward that to you ASAP.
Again, I am sorry for the delay.

Sincerely,

Robert M. Vincent

Painting

Robert M. Vincent

Past/Present clients include several galleries and specialty retail shops in Louisiana, Texas, and Florida. Also, several commissions in Watercolor, Oil Paintings, Glass & Tile Mosiac, Charcoal, and Metal Sculpture from large corporations to private collectors.