Painting/L. Keswick oil painting

Kewsick painting
Kewsick painting  
Mr. Vincent,

I attached a photo of an 51" X 24" oil painting by L. Keswick.  
I can't find any information on L. Keswick and I'm wondering if you have ever heard of him/her and if so can you give me any info on Keswick.  Thank you          JoAnn

Dear Joann,

I found the following on and thought you might be interested in it:

(15) On January 1, 2013 at 9:14 pm Jen Hobby Cohen [0] said:

I also have an oil painting on canvas, probably 10'x12' of a woman and a small child looking out at the ocean on sand dunes. Mine doesn't have a red ribbon, but they are both wearing flowing dressing with their hair blowing in the breeze. They are wearing sun hats. I bought the painting at a garage sale at the nursing home I work at. It was signed by L. Keswick.
(14) On December 11, 2012 at 12:49 am Steven Hirsson [0] said:

My L.Keswick is 24"X36" Oil on Canvas. Very simular to your painting descriptions. Beautiful California Beach Scene. Painted by Duggan, Joyce and I'm sure many other artists. L.Keswick did a little twist to beach scene. L.Keswick left out the Lighthouse an added lovely Mother and Daughter to painting which gives a tender addition. A touch of A.SEHRING,FLORIDA ARTIST,PAINTER.

(13) On May 22, 2012 at 2:28 am Youngroth [0] said:

I purchased an L. Keswick painting today at an auction in South Carolina! It is a small work - oil or acrylic on streched canvas measuring 8x10. It is quite beautiful & shows some age and a bit of wear. The image is of a girl with long flowing hair and she's wearing a long white dress. There is a long red ribbon about her waist, tied and nearly to the ground. She is standing in the dunes amongst the sea oats and is apparently looking out to sea. You cant see the ocean, but she must be looking in that direction because there is an obvious sea-breeze blowing. Her back is to the viewer and the wind blows her hair, dress and the sea-oats back away from her. I really love this little painting! The frame it was in looked terrible, so I will find a nice antique one for it. I hope someone can zero in on who exactly this artist is...

(12) On January 12, 2012 at 7:04 am Wheezle55 [0] said:

It was in Sept between 1986-88 that I purchased 2 L Keswick paintings from Provincetown, Mass. One is of a young lady looking out to sea with a white hat and dress and red trim on the hat and a red sash. She is standing on the beach watching the waves and seagulls. It appears to be sundown. The second one is of a small child sitting between the dunes also with her back facing front looking at the waves and one lonely seagull. I was told at the time the artist was Laura Keswick and it was called 'innocent art'. Who really knows for sure. I just love the paintings.

(11) On November 15, 2011 at 11:41 pm Lulu21205 [0] said:

I purchased a L. Keswick acrylic Framed Seascape at a tag sale of thrift shop 16 x 20 framed 21 x 25, a lovely painting. I plan to sell on ebay and was researching to see what the value of the painting was. I really feel cheated as I have no people in my seascape just a couple of seagulls LOL. It looks like a lot of Florida's Coast. I live in Ocala, Florida.

(10) On October 1, 2011 at 3:02 pm Sabinagabriel [0] said:

I also have an L. Keswick painting purchased it in Florida approx 1985-1986, it is a large abt 48x36 a little boy sitting in the sand between the sand dunes looking out at the ocean, it is very peaceful. We paid approx. $50 at the time. For years it was in our condo in Florida and recently brought it back to Montreal, had it reframed and it looks lovely.

(9) On September 20, 2010 at 8:06 pm Curtisdudley [0] said:

We have one too. It just showed up in our shop in Englewood, fl. It is blue and pink!! Two people: one a little girl setting on the beach and the other is a lady. They are both looking at the water. Both are wearing hats! We are very interested in who this artist is???? 941-681-2227

(8) On August 6, 2010 at 7:00 pm Lynrub2010 [0] said:

Last year we bought our L. Keswick painting of a young girl with a ponytail in a blue shirt and red skirt standing in dune grass with the ocean in the distance and several seagulls overhead at an Estate Sale on Cape Cod. It is a rather large piece and is framed in a driftwood frame. I wish I could tell you more about the artist, but I haven't a clue.

(7) On April 21, 2010 at 1:26 am Pcreecy [0] said:

I, too, have an "L. Keswick" painting..mine has a little girl with white blouse and dark pink skirt (or possibly a pinafore) sitting between sand dunes, looking out to sea. She has a white straw hat with dark pink ribbon. There are sea grasses and three gulls flying over the water. I found it at a second hand store in Phoenix, AZ. My previous employer said he bought one just like it in a larger size for his mother - when he lived in New York. You are right - this artist certainly got around!

(6) On January 27, 2010 at 7:12 am Mbrace [0] said:

Well either this L.Keswick gets around alot or we got forgeries lol. I also have the very same oil painting as everyone here and I live in Melbourne Australia; I bought mine in an opportunity shop for $5.00au. Must admit this painting has the power to speak to your soul and draw you into it as if it were you in the picture; dont you agree? Whomever L. Keswick is or was, they had the magic of simplicity and awe as a special gift;Love my painting.

(5) On January 12, 2010 at 4:58 pm Beren455 [0] said:

I have exactly the same! This painting obviously gets around - I live in northern Sweden!!!

(4) On December 19, 2009 at 8:28 am Goldenlight27 [3] said:

sorry I forgot to add, Milwaukee, Wi.

(3) On December 19, 2009 at 8:25 am Goldenlight27 [3] said:

I also have a sea-scape with the young woman's back to the viewer, white dress, red flowing ribbon. signed, l keswick.who in the world is this? once again, grasses and sand dunes and two seagulls. I think maybe the "starving artist" sales that every major city has?

(2) On November 26, 2009 at 1:07 am Dhuds7 [0] said:

I have a painting oil on canvass which my wife bought in Plymouth Mass many years ago by L.Keswick of a young woman (back to canvas)with long flowing hair looking out to sea she wears a blue blouse and white skirt with a red flowing ribbon she stands among reeds and grasses and sand dunes. i would lke to know more about this artist

(1) On October 27, 2009 at 11:35 pm Cathyyilac [0] said:

I also would like to know who this is. I just bought a beautiful pink seascape with a woman in a dress looking out. This work is incredible. Batavia New York

Read more:

Robert M. Vincent

Robert M. Vincent

Past/Present clients include several galleries and specialty retail shops in Louisiana, Texas, and Florida. Also, several commissions in Watercolor, Oil Paintings, Glass & Tile Mosiac, Charcoal, and Metal Sculpture from large corporations to private collectors.