Painting/Oil on canvas signed cosgrove

Question
Cosgrove
Cosgrove  

cosgrov signature
cosgrov signature  
Trying to figure out who painted this. The frame is stamped made in mexico and Stanley Cosgrove studied in mexico, perhaps he painted this while he was studying? All of the examples of his signature seem to have a capitol G but the signature on this painting has a lower case signature. The canvas itself is canadian fredrix brand and it is 16x20. Thanks for your help.

Answer

Regarding your painting, the frame being made in Mexico means nothing,  just about all the frames
that you can buy ready made and cheap are made in Mexico it is a standard size typical.

There are many artists with that name when you google it.  So I really can't help you.

Regards

Josef-Peter

Painting

Josef-Peter Roemer