Painting/Oil on Canvas

Question
Baltar
Baltar  

Baltar
Baltar  
Hello,

I have this oil on canvas painting by Baltar.  It's approximately 39 1/2 X 51 1/2.  I am attaching a few pictures of it as I noticed there are many cracks in the painting and I am wondering why this happened and is it a bad thing.   Also have you heard of Baltar?  I can't find anything on the internet about him/her.   Thank you for your time.    JoAnn

Answer
Hi JoAnn,

If the artist is not active today or has not exhibited, or entered competitions
you then most likely won't find anything on him/her unless they are famous.

As to the cracking, that can depend on many reasons, the medium used to create the paintin
the weather, and age.  It happens mostly to oil paintings, it is not uncommon.

Regards

Josef-Peter Roemer
www.josefpeterroemer.com

Painting

Josef-Peter Roemer