Painting/Venice oil on canvas

Question
Venice
Venice  

signature
signature  
Hello Mr. Roemer,
Congratulations on your recent awards.
Do you happen to recognize this Venice painting or the artist's signature? A stamp on back of the canvas indicates it was painted in Italy, and a worn and torn certificate stapled to the back of the frame states it was framed by Los Angeles Frame Co in the '60s. I would include photos of the back, but this page only allows for two photo uploads.
Thank you,
Michael

Answer
Hi Michael,

Thank you for the nice comment, your best bet would be to contact the framing company
if they are still in business, then again that would be a long shot.

All I can think of is to try a search engine like Bing,  or Google  I assume you probably have already done that.  That is all I can do.

You may also want to google some auction houses see if they have anything similar.

Regards

Josef-Peter

Painting

Josef-Peter Roemer