Painting/Newer Painting with Aging Technique

Question
Horse with aged finish
Horse with aged finish  

Close up of finish
Close up of finish  
Hello Josef-Peter,

I recently acquired a large painting of a horse. I believe the painting is on canvas and I believe it is done in oil. One of the things that struck me about this painting is that the artist used some technique to "age" the painting by creating cracks in the works. I feel it that this finish draws me in even more and adds texture and interest. The painting is signed "BENIDICT", but I could find anything on the artist.

A you familiar with this technique and how it is done? Do many artists that you know of do this? I am curious about this as I have only seen very old oil paintings in museums with cracks (those were of course with age and not something done by the artist).

I have attached an image which I hope helps to show this finish. I appreciate your help on this.

Answer
Hello Valerie,

I'm sorry but I know of no artist who would want to do this
except maybe for faking a painting so it looks old to sell as an old painting.

I do not practice this so I really do not know how he did it, nor do I care about something like this.

Regards

Josef-Peter

Painting

Josef-Peter Roemer