Painting/repair cracks in painting

spanish toreador
spanish toreador  
I have a painting that has cracks in the paint and a few palaces where it's chipped off completely. Could someone (with more skill than me)restore the missing pieces and repair the cracks and blistering? I don't know what kind of paint was used - how would I find that out?

Hi Morgan,

If the painting is on Canvas, Linen then it is probably oil paint, if it is on panel it could be oil paint,  or an opaque water color.  Acrylic paint usually does not crack since the binder is a plastic it is flexible so I don't think it is acrylic paint.

You should have a professional restorer restore it.

I hope this helps somewhat.

Josef-Peter Roemer

I cannot answer questions on the value of paintings, I can answer all technical questions, stretching canvas, materials, from painting portraits to figurative and Narrative paintings. All my answers will be based on how I paint, not how someone else would paint.

painting with acrylic paint painting with oil paint Sculpture

Saechsicher Kuenstlerbund e.V. Germany Salmagundi Club NYC USA Artists professional League NYC, USA

Written Correspondence course two part Book for Roemer academy of Art.

BA in Painting and print making. Sculpting Apprenticeship with Artist Ludwig Seibert in Germany one year. MFA in painting.

Gold Medal/Best of Show - regional competition 2013 Bronz Medal Third Place national Competition. 2013 Gold Medal - First Place - Regional Competition 2012