Painting/repair cracks in painting

Question
spanish toreador
spanish toreador  
I have a painting that has cracks in the paint and a few palaces where it's chipped off completely. Could someone (with more skill than me)restore the missing pieces and repair the cracks and blistering? I don't know what kind of paint was used - how would I find that out?

Answer
Hi Morgan,

If the painting is on Canvas, Linen then it is probably oil paint, if it is on panel it could be oil paint,  or an opaque water color.  Acrylic paint usually does not crack since the binder is a plastic it is flexible so I don't think it is acrylic paint.

You should have a professional restorer restore it.

I hope this helps somewhat.

Regards

Josef-Peter

Painting

Josef-Peter Roemer