Painting & Wallpapering/paint color

house color
house color  
I would like to paint the trim on my house, which is seen in the attached photo.  The house color (those are asbestos shingles) is a cool white, and while I'm not crazy about that color either, right now just want to get a new trim color.  You can see it's currently that grey/blue, with red accents. I can't for the life of me figure out what color to go with.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks, Peter

HI Peter
actually in the picture the house doesn't look like "cool white" but more a putty/warm gray kind of color.
Anyway, take a look at
BenMoore HC-113 Louisburg Green,
BenMoore 473 - Weekend Getaway

I'd probably do the same color on all trim, even where the red is used now.
If you are considering using a color on your (white) windows, Sherwin Williams has a product that's 'vinyl safe", that you can consider.

If you really want a separate 'accent color' instead of the current red, try
BenMoore HC-7 - Bryant Gold
BenMoore 1118 - Classic Caramel.

I hope that helps,
Barbara Jacobs  

Painting & Wallpapering

Barbara Jacobs

I am able to answer questions about paint color and wall covering selection (interior and exterior, but in this category it's interior)and, in many cases, decorative ("faux") finishing for many types of surfaces. I can also answer some paint product and application questions but am primarily consulting about paint colors.I can also answer questions about Full Spectrum paints.

My experience as a color consultant is broad and includes a wide variety of color issues. Since 1984, I've been helping clients their very best environments using color as the foundation. My experience includes over 20 years in the field of creating and installing fine decorative finishes, and specifying paint colors.

IACC: International Association of Color Consultants/Designers: member since 1996, accredited since 2000. Historic District Commission: Medfield, Massachusetts

Journal of Architectural Coatings (magazine article, print) Design& - blog for this site (current) 2005 – 2008 2005 Boston Women’s Business Jrnl. Subject of interviews and participation in interviews for other publications. Current: my own blog at

Academia di Belle Arti: Florence, Italy BA: University of Minnesota: focus: painting and printmaking University of California, Berkelely: painting department IACC: International Association of Color Consultants/Designers: Accredited member since 2000

IACC: international exhibit included four of my color design projects: 2010

Private clients. I prefer not to include names here, but many testimonials are available for viewing at my web site at the "testimonials" page.