Painting & Wallpapering/wall color for steel grey carpeting

Question
Hi, I currently have light blue walls in my living room and I am having steel grey carpeting installed soon. My walls look in need of a little refreshing. I don't like the color as much as what I have in another room which is Ralph Lauren Blue Mesa, my question is should I stick with the light blue I have now which is just okay, repaint a similar but much nicer color with the blue mesa or go with a complete different color to coordinate with the color carpet? My furniture is dark blue.Thanks

Answer
HI Kris,
thanks for your question. I'm not familiar with the Ralph Lauren colors, but basically I'd recommend this, based on what you have written:

-Do repaint for a fresh look all around.
-Why do a 'just ok" color that seems not satisfactory?
-In any case, I'd advise testing on larger color boards NOT right on the wall (see http://www.mysmallwall.com)
-Keep the wall color a bit lighter than the floor. Someplace between the dark blue furniture and the steel gray floor.
-you can still use a medium blue, and test some that are more warm, and more cool, maybe even something with a slight green undertone would give you an interesting look and balance what sounds like an otherwise very cool palette of gray and dark blue.

Hope that helps,
Best,
Barbara Jacobs

Painting & Wallpapering

Barbara Jacobs