Painting & Wallpapering/very light texture

Ron Wall Texture
Ron Wall Texture  
Hi Tony. I am doing some major repairs to my home and my walls have a very light texture on them, I guess sort of like an orangepeel, but it is very subtle and doesn't have that splattered look of orangepeel. It id definitely not knock down as no part of it is smooth. it is very light (not a lot of material on the wall from what I can see, rough, but with variation in it). I would like to reproduce the look but cannot figure out how to get the effect.  I have attached an image. Hopefully you can see what I am talking about!

I am concerned that maybe this is not even texture but rather a pattern created by using a special paint roller.

If texture, how to I get it on this light (I own a texture machine I bought from home depot).

Well although I am a so called 'expert' There are  some times when I don't know the answer!!!!! and this is one of them.

It may be a geographical variation and there may be a product on your side of the pond able to produce this slight textured effect, but I am unaware of one.  In this situation I would try a different roller head and would recommend a long pile woven sleeve, not a knitted one also  I would thin with water my latex material and see if this combination would reproduce the effect.

Sorry to be so vague and unsure but I hope this helps to some extent.

Painting & Wallpapering

Tony Gallagher

I can answer questions on all interior and exterior painted surfaces. Ranging from new plaster and woodwork to galvanised metal, rusty metal to exterior render stucco, All external timbers from solid oak to tannalised fencing. I have specialist knowledge on Flame Retardent products for Combustiable and Non Combustiable surfaces. Although some product knowledge of Car finishing I do not feel I have enough experience in that field to be able to offer knowledgable solutions.Colour queries are welcome but I have not got a design background and can only answer semi technical questions with regard to colour.

Fourty years selling decorative products on behalf of major manufacturers such as Permoglaze,Crown,Macphersons,Johnstones, Leyland,Sikkens & Sadolin. More recently in a merchant capacity I have been involved with Dulux, Farrow & Ball and Fired Earth products. I have recently commenced training in enviromentally friendly product ranges, such as vegatable oil paints and varnish.

PDA (Assoiciate Member)

H N C Business Management. Several In House achievement certificates for product training.

Ford Motor Company. Nissan, MOD, Home Office, The University of Sheffield, Local Goverment.