Painting & Wallpapering/paint color for small powder room

Question
We are remodeling our powder room, which is ~30" wide by 10'long.
The floor is a mottled, medium tone brownish brick color congolium. The vanity is burgundy colored. The granite top is called Ferro Gold with a white porcelain sink. We would like suggestions for paint colors. There is one window and the room is fairly dark.
Thanks for your assistance.

Beth

Answer
Hello Beth,
thanks for asking your question. Even though you have described your room pretty well, I am having a hard time picturing the actual color, especially the look of the Congoleum and the Ferro Gold.

So, it's hard for me to really recommend a specific color for you. A couple of general suggestions, however, are:
1. paint the ceiling the same color as the walls
2. Look at a color that is a deep version of one of the tones in the granite- if there is something that leans toward the brick color that might work.

It sounds like you have many color scenarios there, so basically I'd just say pick the color type you like best and give it a try. Testing on a large surface will be helpful to see how your paint color coordinates with all the others.

Again, I'm sorry I can not be more specific - please feel free to ask the other experts as well.
Best,
Barbara

Painting & Wallpapering

Barbara Jacobs