Painting & Wallpapering/painting over stucco that has a clear silicone finish on it

a few years ago i applied a clear silicone coating on  cement stucco on the lower part of my home. it is in good shape but i would like to put a color on it. is it possible to go over this stucco with any paint or stain without going  to much trouble

Anthony.    There is a problem with silicone as paint water or solvent as it will not key. If you are determined to cover with a colour you will have to apply a barrier coat such as Zinsser 123.          Hope this helps.          .          Regards.   Tony.  

Painting & Wallpapering

Tony Gallagher

I can answer questions on all interior and exterior painted surfaces. Ranging from new plaster and woodwork to galvanised metal, rusty metal to exterior render stucco, All external timbers from solid oak to tannalised fencing. I have specialist knowledge on Flame Retardent products for Combustiable and Non Combustiable surfaces. Although some product knowledge of Car finishing I do not feel I have enough experience in that field to be able to offer knowledgable solutions.Colour queries are welcome but I have not got a design background and can only answer semi technical questions with regard to colour.

Fourty years selling decorative products on behalf of major manufacturers such as Permoglaze,Crown,Macphersons,Johnstones, Leyland,Sikkens & Sadolin. More recently in a merchant capacity I have been involved with Dulux, Farrow & Ball and Fired Earth products. I have recently commenced training in enviromentally friendly product ranges, such as vegatable oil paints and varnish.

PDA (Assoiciate Member)

H N C Business Management. Several In House achievement certificates for product training.

Ford Motor Company. Nissan, MOD, Home Office, The University of Sheffield, Local Goverment.