Painting & Wallpapering/Wall edges dented


dented edge
dented edge  
Hello Joseph,

How can I fix dents like the ones in the wall shown in the attached picture?

Thank you in advance,


Use a putty knife and spackle. Apply spackle to your knife and starting at the corner pull away, then do the same on the other side. Leave the spackle a little high and then use sandpaper to sand flush. If the paint has a sheen you will need to spot prime those areas if it's a flat sheen then apply the paint without priming. Good luck!

Painting & Wallpapering

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Joseph Dutra


Specializing in problem solving paint issues with new construction and restorative coatings. I am familiar with most brands and also specialty products.


I started painting in 1979 followed by forming my own company in 1983. I have been working with both residential and commercial projects and enjoy both. Recently (4 years ago) I opened a shop in Pacific Grove, specializing in cabinet, door, and window finishes for new construction.

High school diploma

©2017 All rights reserved.