Painting & Wallpapering/Broewn Wrapping Paper as Wallpaper, how to seal it for a Bthroom?

Question
We have used normal wallpaper paste and ordinary brown wrapping paper  to wallpaper a small Bathroom and it looks great. We went for the flat finish rather than try to crumple the paper to get a suede effect.
How to seal it? We have tried clear varnish but it shows where the paste has been brushed on before Papering. We have tried ordinary Wallpaper Paste as a sealant and it looks good, but the steam will affect it.
Any ideas please?
Thanks
Harry
end

Answer
Harry,

Sorry for the delay in reply but I have had to research this one as I have never come across it before.
If a clear varnish is showing the paste underneath I am unsure wether any other Glaze coat will do the same, however I have a couple of suggestions, not sure if they are available where you are though!!

I would go for a clear Emulsion glaze which goes on white and dries clear there ought to be several available on the Internet.  That or a water based scumble glaze, if you search under the names of Radcliffes or Polyvine you should find a suitable product.

Hope this helps.

Tony.

Painting & Wallpapering

Tony Gallagher