Painting & Wallpapering/paint colors

I'm wanting to paint my laundry, hallway and stairwell. they are all by my back door which gets used a lot by kids with dity hands and shoes. the steps with the stairwell also get used a lot the hall way connects to the dinning room which is painted a dark tan with a folk (country) sheep boarder I really like the country thme and like the light yellow and light blue but don't think that would work with the kids PLEASE HELP

Sorry Jill for not responding sooner. I would use an oil based satin enamel on laundry and stairwell, Benjamin-Moore has one called Ironclad that is available in all of their colors. The hallway and dining room walls would work well against traffic with a water based eggshell or satin finish, both can be lightly scrubbed after 5-7 days of curing. I would use the Benjamin-Moore line of premium paints because of quality and the best color selection in the industry. Good luck and use a quality brush especially with the oil enamel.  I suggest reducing the Ironclad by 10-12 percent with old style mineral spirits and use a natural bristle or ox hair mix brush (Corona brand).

Painting & Wallpapering

Joseph Dutra

Specializing in problem solving paint issues with new construction and restorative coatings. I am familiar with most brands and also specialty products.

I started painting in 1979 followed by forming my own company in 1983. I have been working with both residential and commercial projects and enjoy both. Recently (4 years ago) I opened a shop in Pacific Grove, specializing in cabinet, door, and window finishes for new construction.

High school diploma