Painting & Wallpapering/paint colors

Question
I'm wanting to paint my laundry, hallway and stairwell. they are all by my back door which gets used a lot by kids with dity hands and shoes. the steps with the stairwell also get used a lot the hall way connects to the dinning room which is painted a dark tan with a folk (country) sheep boarder I really like the country thme and like the light yellow and light blue but don't think that would work with the kids PLEASE HELP

Answer
Sorry Jill for not responding sooner. I would use an oil based satin enamel on laundry and stairwell, Benjamin-Moore has one called Ironclad that is available in all of their colors. The hallway and dining room walls would work well against traffic with a water based eggshell or satin finish, both can be lightly scrubbed after 5-7 days of curing. I would use the Benjamin-Moore line of premium paints because of quality and the best color selection in the industry. Good luck and use a quality brush especially with the oil enamel.  I suggest reducing the Ironclad by 10-12 percent with old style mineral spirits and use a natural bristle or ox hair mix brush (Corona brand).

Painting & Wallpapering

Joseph Dutra