Painting & Wallpapering/painting colour and carpet

Question
My carpet is a hard carpet to match furniture paint with. I have just bought a L- shaped couch on Tuesday, for the living room i believe the camel color is best because of my white shepherd's shedding. I will blanket it when out due to dog paws. I should probably buy the chocolate but the white fur would be terrible on it. It is faux suede. My old carpet is penisvanylia blue, horrible color but I have no money to replace it as my husband just passed away and had no insurance but I need a fresh start. Just the paint and couch will put me in debt! But, I need this. What color of walls and ceiling should I do. It is open concept to kitchen and someday I want to do the kitchen yellow cream background and paint cabinets moonbeam (light grey).The living room walls are smoke stained and I don't want to clean them so a paint with primer in it would be so nice as one less step as I am not a great painter. I need this lift! Please waiting for response. I would like to do this the weekend after Easter.
Kara Beitz

Answer
I'm sorry Kara but it would be hard getting into color without being there. My recommendation would be to find a local paint store with an in house designer or possibly take carpet color, sofa color (pillow?), etc. with you and look at all colors in good light with future kitchen in mind. It sounds challenging with both cool and warm hues.

Painting & Wallpapering

Joseph Dutra