Painting & Wallpapering/wallpaper removal for paint

Question
We are planning to hire someone to remove wallpaper and to prepare it for painting.  What types of issues are important to consider for such a job?  (That way, we will know more what to ask the painters who give us estimates)
Thanks

Answer
A few things to consider:

1- Are they licensed, bonded , and insured in your state?
2- Do they have any references?
3- How long have they been doing this work?
4- Check with the licensing bureaus in your state...Make sure there are no complaints.
5- How would they do the job? ask them step by step.
6- Do they fix any wall patching or skim coating that has to be done after they wallpaper is     
  removed?
7- How long will the job take?

A Few Red Flags to Consider:
1- They want to get paid in full up front.
2- They want to get paid in cash.
3- They came to your door asking if you needed any help.

Follow your intuition...if you feel uncomfortable about anything or any body, don't do it and get someone else.

Painting & Wallpapering

Ed Kuchar