Painting & Wallpapering/wallpaper removal for paint

We are planning to hire someone to remove wallpaper and to prepare it for painting.  What types of issues are important to consider for such a job?  (That way, we will know more what to ask the painters who give us estimates)

A few things to consider:

1- Are they licensed, bonded , and insured in your state?
2- Do they have any references?
3- How long have they been doing this work?
4- Check with the licensing bureaus in your state...Make sure there are no complaints.
5- How would they do the job? ask them step by step.
6- Do they fix any wall patching or skim coating that has to be done after they wallpaper is     
7- How long will the job take?

A Few Red Flags to Consider:
1- They want to get paid in full up front.
2- They want to get paid in cash.
3- They came to your door asking if you needed any help.

Follow your intuition...if you feel uncomfortable about anything or any body, don't do it and get someone else.

Painting & Wallpapering

Ed Kuchar

I've been a wallpaperhanger for 40 years. I've been a house painter (interior and exterior) for 38 years. I also do wallpaper removing and wall patching and light skim coating. I can answer any questions concerning: patching and wall preparation for painting or wallpaper, different types of paint, or wallpaper, what type to use for your job. questions about wallpaperhanging & painting how to measure an area for paint or wallpaper. questions concerning different types of wallpaper general questions on how to hang wallpaper (what type of paste, tools, etc.

I have my own wallpapering and painting business. Blue Sky Paperhanging & Painting Inc. I've been doing paperhanging & painting for 30 years. Most of my experience is in residential and not commercial.

Better Business Bureau.

I did the wallpaperhanging on the movie set "My Own Private Idaho" 1991.

I learned how to hang wall paper and wallcoverings at the West Valley Occupational School in Van Nuys California in 1978.