Painting & Wallpapering/stucco cracks

Good day Tony,

My home is a single story stucco home built in 2003, I am in Florida and I am getting lots of Hairline Cracks, over the years i have used elastromeric patch, dap products mostly pastes yet cracks keep coming back some same spots some new, someone told me to try thompson's water seal, im really frustrated, any suggestion would be of much help thanks.

Ever so often a question comes up that is difficult to answer without seeing the problem in the flesh and this one of them.

I will try to give you some hints but I would suggest that you try to get a local professional to cast their eye.

A water seal is not where I would start as whilst they have their uses, they also very successfully seal the surface and any problems within.  It sounds to me as though expansion and contraction are the issue, so I would be looking for flexible fillers and flexible coatings.

We have the products in the UK but I am sure you will have equivalent products.  Check out the Sandtex Masonry Site of Crown Paints there are some excellent masonry paints and repair systems.

Sorry to be so vague but I hope this helps.

Painting & Wallpapering

Tony Gallagher

I can answer questions on all interior and exterior painted surfaces. Ranging from new plaster and woodwork to galvanised metal, rusty metal to exterior render stucco, All external timbers from solid oak to tannalised fencing. I have specialist knowledge on Flame Retardent products for Combustiable and Non Combustiable surfaces. Although some product knowledge of Car finishing I do not feel I have enough experience in that field to be able to offer knowledgable solutions.Colour queries are welcome but I have not got a design background and can only answer semi technical questions with regard to colour.

Fourty years selling decorative products on behalf of major manufacturers such as Permoglaze,Crown,Macphersons,Johnstones, Leyland,Sikkens & Sadolin. More recently in a merchant capacity I have been involved with Dulux, Farrow & Ball and Fired Earth products. I have recently commenced training in enviromentally friendly product ranges, such as vegatable oil paints and varnish.

PDA (Assoiciate Member)

H N C Business Management. Several In House achievement certificates for product training.

Ford Motor Company. Nissan, MOD, Home Office, The University of Sheffield, Local Goverment.