Painting & Wallpapering/Painting

We hired a painter to paint all the woodwork in our home. He used a latex acrylic paint. (Valspar paint.) It has been almost 2 weeks since he did the work and some doors are still tacky.  Should'nt it be totally dry by now? What can we do to improve this situation. Also there is paint on our carpet here and there. What will remove that residue? This guy was supposed to be a professional but I could have done better myself.

Sorry Billie for not getting back to you sooner, your question never reached me until the 23rd.
The woodwork may not have been prepped thoroughly and surface contamination might be retarding the curing. At this point I would probably try going over a spot or two with Benjamin-Moore Advance and see if it cures/hardens. The carpet problem should be easy to fix with some lacquer thinner on the corner of a rag and just rub until it disappears. Very frustrating situation for you, my sympathy.

Painting & Wallpapering

Joseph Dutra

Specializing in problem solving paint issues with new construction and restorative coatings. I am familiar with most brands and also specialty products.

I started painting in 1979 followed by forming my own company in 1983. I have been working with both residential and commercial projects and enjoy both. Recently (4 years ago) I opened a shop in Pacific Grove, specializing in cabinet, door, and window finishes for new construction.

High school diploma