Painting & Wallpapering/painting concrete foundation

Question
Hi Joe,
I am preparing to paint my poured concrete foundation.  The foundation was treated with a hot tar application with some of the tar applied above grade.  I have been able to remove a great majority with a pressure washer, however there is a significant portion that could not be removed.  I am looking for a primer, or sealer or other application I can use over these areas so that the paint will bond.  Is there a solution or a paint that will cover the residual tar'ed areas?

thanks in advance,
Bob

Answer
There is a product from Zinsser called Smart Prime that I've had good feedback on. You can probably find it at The Home Depot or a local paint store. I have not used this product but like I said the feedback has been good, seals tar from bleeding and allows moisture to pass through.

Painting & Wallpapering

Joseph Dutra