Painting & Wallpapering/Blue and White

Question
Hello Barbara

I will be painting my new home soon but need some advice on colours that make a room feel warm.  Currently I like blue and white, leaning to Benjamin Moore's Woodlawn Blue HC-147 or Serenada AF-535 for the walls of bedrooms while white walls for the more common rooms.  I am having problems though on finding a white wall colour.  My choices for drapes and carpet are light blue but not as light as the blues I have previous mentioned.  I am starting new with furniture too but not sure if white, light blue, or brown would be best for a warm feeling.  My overall theme for my house is traditional, not modern.

Thanks you

Andrew

Answer
HI Andrew,
if you are looking for something warm with a little color you can try a nice pale yellow like BenMoore 918 White Rock or 921 San Diego Cream. Trim often looks good as Ben. 967 as it is also great for ceiling done in Flat with trim in SemiGloss.
It sounds like a lighter palette overall is what you are looking for.
FYI: Atrium white is "pink" ; Decorator white is more cool/gray; white dove is sort of yellow-green. I do like 967 overall but frankly not sure how it would be for entire walls.
Other whites you might sample on at least 12"x12" size (preferaly 4 of them!) are 925,926,927.
Just keep in mind that every WHITE is actually a COLOR so look at them in all types of light.

Best,
Barbara

Painting & Wallpapering

Barbara Jacobs