Painting & Wallpapering/Fireplace

Question
Hi Tony, as I am now taking out my old existing fireplace, hearth and grate, and replacing it with a 5.6 kw stove, I will be building old grey stone in and around back and sides of the stove, also the front of the brace and upwards, I would like to paint the stone in and around the stove area with red paint, could you please tell me what kind of paint I need.

Answer
Patrick

Two separate issues here to key to the stone the best type of material is a masonry type water based high build product.  Diluted first coat to allow material to penetrate the stone.

However areas that could be subject to intense heat will have to be of a particular heat resisting variety.  Not to be confused with flame retardant or fire resistant.

I am not sure if there is any masonry type heat resistant on the market but I am sure a search on the Internet will provide the answer.

Hope this helps.

Tony.

Painting & Wallpapering

Tony Gallagher