Painting & Wallpapering/Paint peel on recent plaster skim wall

I had a plaster kitchen wall skimmed, waited 3 days, then painted with 2 coats good latex primer and top coat of color 30 days ago. I decided to put a picture on the wall with Command strips today. When I tried to move the picture the paint pulled off like sunburned skin. It stretched then broke. It removed an orange sized amount of paint right down to the new plaster. Can this be fixed?

It's pretty common for the primer not locking into that type of dry surface. I would suggest taking some smooth spackle such as Crawford's vinyl spackle (green can) and filling the chipped area, sand, spot prime, and then touch up with original finish.

Painting & Wallpapering

Joseph Dutra

Specializing in problem solving paint issues with new construction and restorative coatings. I am familiar with most brands and also specialty products.

I started painting in 1979 followed by forming my own company in 1983. I have been working with both residential and commercial projects and enjoy both. Recently (4 years ago) I opened a shop in Pacific Grove, specializing in cabinet, door, and window finishes for new construction.

High school diploma