Painting & Wallpapering/Exterior Trim/Porch Color Match

Question
Hi,I am having somewhat a small dilemma painting my house trim and porch.I have an historic home with brown aluminum siding,and wanna use historic colors but change out the white trim.I was thinking of something along the line where the trim is one color but painting the sash window another color for accent? I like the warm earthy colors too.Also my steps need to be painted and there are brick columns on either side? Would warm caramel for the porch(glidden)be a bit much or a mocha color? Thanks

Answer
Hi Bobbie,
yes you can do sash color as an accent, and also change the white trim to something less glaring if you like an earthy type palette.
Black is often used in historic homes for the sashes. If you want to see what your home would look like with various color options before it is painted, check out ''http://www.designercolorpalettes.com

I am unable to give you specific colors with the information provided, at this time.
Best,
Barbara

Painting & Wallpapering

Barbara Jacobs