Painting & Wallpapering/Paint Chip in Bathroom

Near the baseboard and close to the tub - the paint has chipped off and it looks kind of rusty.  Can you recommend the best way to patch that without painting the whole bathroom?  Should I put some spackel there?  Any kind of special touch up paint?  Any suggestion appreciated.

If the chip is on wallboard or wood you can use a little spackle followed with primer and paint. If it's a metal substrate (rust# I would use auto bondo or minwax filler after a light sanding to break rust. The finish is the same for both, primer followed by enamel #acrylic or alkyd) with the proper sheen and color.

Painting & Wallpapering

Joseph Dutra

Specializing in problem solving paint issues with new construction and restorative coatings. I am familiar with most brands and also specialty products.

I started painting in 1979 followed by forming my own company in 1983. I have been working with both residential and commercial projects and enjoy both. Recently (4 years ago) I opened a shop in Pacific Grove, specializing in cabinet, door, and window finishes for new construction.

High school diploma