Painting & Wallpapering/bubbles in paint

Question
a few years ago I painted my bathroom, can't remember what kind I used but the last year or so, the paint has been developing small bubbles in it.  I covered the ceiling with putty to get rid of the textured ceiling and that is fine to this day.  But the walls are not, so I know its probably an impurity on the original paint that is causing this.  All the bubbles are very small, maybe 1/32" but they are everywhere.  I want to repaint it again, but I don't want the same thing to happen to me again.  What can I do to eliminate this?

Answer
Sorry lance for not answering your question sooner but it was received today. The bubbles sound like moisture is getting through your finish and creating the small blisters. I would lightly sand the surface when dry and apply a good coat of oil based primer and then repaint. Your original top coat was probably an acrylic?

Painting & Wallpapering

Joseph Dutra