Painting & Wallpapering/bubbles in paint

a few years ago I painted my bathroom, can't remember what kind I used but the last year or so, the paint has been developing small bubbles in it.  I covered the ceiling with putty to get rid of the textured ceiling and that is fine to this day.  But the walls are not, so I know its probably an impurity on the original paint that is causing this.  All the bubbles are very small, maybe 1/32" but they are everywhere.  I want to repaint it again, but I don't want the same thing to happen to me again.  What can I do to eliminate this?

Sorry lance for not answering your question sooner but it was received today. The bubbles sound like moisture is getting through your finish and creating the small blisters. I would lightly sand the surface when dry and apply a good coat of oil based primer and then repaint. Your original top coat was probably an acrylic?

Painting & Wallpapering

Joseph Dutra

Specializing in problem solving paint issues with new construction and restorative coatings. I am familiar with most brands and also specialty products.

I started painting in 1979 followed by forming my own company in 1983. I have been working with both residential and commercial projects and enjoy both. Recently (4 years ago) I opened a shop in Pacific Grove, specializing in cabinet, door, and window finishes for new construction.

High school diploma