Painting & Wallpapering/stain

Question
Hello

I am going to put some new semi transparent stain on my fence.  I had quite a few cracks that I tried to wood putty and than did some repairs with caulking as it was much easier.    What would be a good way to cover and match the areas with the caulking, not the wood putty that I covers?

Thanks a lot   Gabe

Answer
Unfortunately caulking will not take the stain color, what you could do if the stain is waterbased is remove some of the settlement from the bottom of the stain can and with a small brush paint the caulked areas first. You can also have the stain formula "shot" into a quart of paint for the caulked areas, this second technique works best if the stain is oil based.

Painting & Wallpapering

Joseph Dutra