Painting & Wallpapering/grinning paint..please help asap

im using dulux trade diamond satinwood brilliant white on frames and skirtings and its drying back grinning/patchy.. the tin says 2 coats but I have given it about 4 and still looks going over gloss which is about 15years old but I am giving it a good rub down before I paint.. its supposed to be self undercoating aswell ??????

You might have to sand and prime everything with an oil based primer before applying the top coat. It sounds as if some contaminant on the old surface is leaching through and effecting the curing/drying of Dulux product. You might also try using an oil based enamel satin if the Dulux product is waterborne. Good luck!

Painting & Wallpapering

Joseph Dutra

Specializing in problem solving paint issues with new construction and restorative coatings. I am familiar with most brands and also specialty products.

I started painting in 1979 followed by forming my own company in 1983. I have been working with both residential and commercial projects and enjoy both. Recently (4 years ago) I opened a shop in Pacific Grove, specializing in cabinet, door, and window finishes for new construction.

High school diploma