Painting & Wallpapering/cost

I realize that there can be a lot of variables but I have a 1800 sq ft ranch house, it is not in bad shape but there are just a little to many places that need touch up that the whole house needs painting. It has been about 25 years since it was last painted. Can you give me an approx. range of what this would cost?

The price range will depend upon:

-The overall scope of work involved. Some 1,800 sq ft ranches can be painted for $2,000 and some cost $10,000.
-The standards and expectations specified, such as quality of materials, extent of preparation, and duration of warranty.
-The contractor(s) providing the estimate, which can vary greatly, depending upon the Contractor's overhead, expenses, profit margin, availability, etc.

I'd suggest finding 3-5 local contractors to provide you with estimates. It's the only way to give you any kind of idea as far as price range. If and when you have done so, please don't hesitate to contact me again and we can review and evaluate them.  

Painting & Wallpapering

troy stevens

Questions I could answer would be anything related to the preparation and painting of a house or building. This would include both interior and exterior painting for residential and commercial structures. I'm well-versed in all painting and staining applications, products and methods. Questions I couldn't answer would be primarily those related to automotive, industrial or marine painting.

I've been painting professionally for over 26 years and I've owned my own business, Stelzer Painting Inc., for more than 16 years now. We specialize in interior & exterior painting for residential & commercial clients, re-paints, remodels & new construction. I'm fully licensed, bonded and insured. I have hundreds of referrals from past customers, an A+ rating through the BBB, and an A rating on Angie's List.

-Better Business Bureau, A+ Rating -Angie's List, A Rating -Construction Contractor's Board Member, (#202027). -PDX Advisory Group Member. -Licensed General Contractor -Licensed RRP Firm

Publications -Blogger -Hubspot -Various social platforms.

-High School Diploma -Studied at Mt. Hood Community College, Lane Community College and University of Oregon. -Recently completed continuing education requirements for licensing through the Construction Contractor's Board. -RRP Certified for lead-based paint removal through the state of Oregon. -Although my Real Estate License has lapsed, I was a licensed Realtor for several years as well.

I've managed to maintain a perfect service record since beginning my business in 1998, with over 1,000 satisfied customers and no complaints. Professionally speaking, this is my proudest achievement.

Richard Swails: (503) 636-7377 Mr. & Mrs. Scott: (360) 718-8676 Lonnie Tongate: (971) 645-7285 On my website,, I also have a link to my referral list, which contains several hundreds more.