Painting & Wallpapering/Sealing Railroad Ties in yard

Question
We have rr ties surrounding a children's play yard in our back yard and want to know if there is a product we can use to seal it to make it safe...  if we sell the home, we don't want to be told at the last minute, we have to tear it down... so we need to be sure it is a government/approved process.  
I tried to find answer on the EPA website but could not.
If you do not know the answer, perhaps you can point me in the correct direction.   

Thank you for your help.

Liz

Answer
Liz.  Zinsser (an american product) have a range of sealer barrier primers Bullseye123 is water based but I think you may be better with BIN which is shellac based.        Hope this helps.  Regards.  Tony.  

Painting & Wallpapering

Tony Gallagher