Painting & Wallpapering/painting

Hello question is this. I'm renovating a bathroom for a family member,who's bathroom walls were wallpaper over drywall and wants the walls painted.Once I removed the paper I washed the walls,patched all the holes and dents and irregularities. Now I need to prime the walls,but I'm not sure what type of primer to use. What do you recommend?  Thanks for your help

If the walls are washed and clean, I'd suggest a good quality latex primer (like Zinzer All Prime).
If you have any questions or doubts, use an oil based primer.
What you said in your question, I think a good quality latex primer should be fine.
Then paint the walls 2 coats latex.  Should look great.

Painting & Wallpapering

Ed Kuchar

I've been a wallpaperhanger for 40 years. I've been a house painter (interior and exterior) for 38 years. I also do wallpaper removing and wall patching and light skim coating. I can answer any questions concerning: patching and wall preparation for painting or wallpaper, different types of paint, or wallpaper, what type to use for your job. questions about wallpaperhanging & painting how to measure an area for paint or wallpaper. questions concerning different types of wallpaper general questions on how to hang wallpaper (what type of paste, tools, etc.

I have my own wallpapering and painting business. Blue Sky Paperhanging & Painting Inc. I've been doing paperhanging & painting for 30 years. Most of my experience is in residential and not commercial.

Better Business Bureau.

I did the wallpaperhanging on the movie set "My Own Private Idaho" 1991.

I learned how to hang wall paper and wallcoverings at the West Valley Occupational School in Van Nuys California in 1978.