Painting & Wallpapering/Drywall paper tear

Hi Ed-

Tenants in our rental house moved out and I am getting ready for the new tenants.

On one of the walls by the side door they must have put 3 adhesive hooks and when they removed them it took some of the paint/paper with it. Not a hole but an approx 1" X 3" area with a rough texture while the rest of the wall is a semi-gloss paint. If it was a hole I would fill with lightweight spackling and repaint but this has me stumped. If I just repaint I think the difference in texture would show through. Ideas?

1st.... seal the spot with a sealer (guardz or a primer/sealer).
2nd.....Patch and sand the spot where the drywall was pulled off.
3rd.... Buy a can of spray texture (good for touch ups on textured walls).
4th... When the texture is dry (usually 1 hour) paint 2 coats of paint over the spot.

Painting & Wallpapering

Ed Kuchar

I've been a wallpaperhanger for 40 years. I've been a house painter (interior and exterior) for 38 years. I also do wallpaper removing and wall patching and light skim coating. I can answer any questions concerning: patching and wall preparation for painting or wallpaper, different types of paint, or wallpaper, what type to use for your job. questions about wallpaperhanging & painting how to measure an area for paint or wallpaper. questions concerning different types of wallpaper general questions on how to hang wallpaper (what type of paste, tools, etc.

I have my own wallpapering and painting business. Blue Sky Paperhanging & Painting Inc. I've been doing paperhanging & painting for 30 years. Most of my experience is in residential and not commercial.

Better Business Bureau.

I did the wallpaperhanging on the movie set "My Own Private Idaho" 1991.

I learned how to hang wall paper and wallcoverings at the West Valley Occupational School in Van Nuys California in 1978.