Painting & Wallpapering/Drywall paper tear

Question
Hi Ed-

Tenants in our rental house moved out and I am getting ready for the new tenants.

On one of the walls by the side door they must have put 3 adhesive hooks and when they removed them it took some of the paint/paper with it. Not a hole but an approx 1" X 3" area with a rough texture while the rest of the wall is a semi-gloss paint. If it was a hole I would fill with lightweight spackling and repaint but this has me stumped. If I just repaint I think the difference in texture would show through. Ideas?

Thanks,
Jim

Answer
1st.... seal the spot with a sealer (guardz or a primer/sealer).
2nd.....Patch and sand the spot where the drywall was pulled off.
3rd.... Buy a can of spray texture (good for touch ups on textured walls).
4th... When the texture is dry (usually 1 hour) paint 2 coats of paint over the spot.

Painting & Wallpapering

Ed Kuchar