Painting & Wallpapering/Paint or not to?

WIndow trim
WIndow trim  

Window trim 2
Window trim 2  
I was thinking of painting the window trims white because I think the wood looks a little orange, but everyone keeps telling me not to do it. Can I ask your opinion, if I should paint or not?

We have painted the trim like yours numerous times. It is a bit of a chore, but I think worth it.
1. Sand wood
2. Make sure wood is clean after you sand wipe down and use a "tack cloth.
3. We use Sherwin williams Duration in desired finish. I like semi-gloss.
4. Be prepared for 2-4 coats.
5. Let each coat "cure" in between coats. at least 24 hours or more. use tac-cloth in between so not dust.
Good Luck!

Painting & Wallpapering

Laura Mesich

1. Owner of Affordable Luxury Paintng and Remodeling We do Painting interior and exterior, Decorating, Remodeling Suggestions, how to repair things, how to fix things, Where and how to get discounts on items

I have been in the industry for the last 15 years serving in various positions. Sales, Administrator, painter, faux artist, design department. I have also worked for Altimate Painting as administrator.

Painting and Decorating association Better Business burea Plainfield IL chamber New Lenox IL chamber Former President elect of the Interior Design club Joliet Collage

Former all Expert, expert. blog spot Word Press Burbs on a Budget

I have owned Affordable Luxury Painting and Remodeling for the last 15 years. I write a colum for a local newsletter, I have a degree in Marketing, communication and Interior Design. I am a former Realtor and Loan Officer.

Graduated Magna Cum Lade National Honor society

Hawthorn Credit Union Heritage Pizza Baci Italian Resturant Pionner bank