Painting & Wallpapering/Paint brands

Question
Hello!  We are painting an entire newly built house.  I have read that many decorators prefer Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams.  What paint would you suggest?  I read a Consumer Reports magazine and was surprised to see Behr premium plus ultra was rated higher in every area than the Benjamin Moore Real (and Aura).  Is that reliable?  The cost of Ben Moore Regal is gonna hurt a little. But I'd like to do it right.  What are your suggestions?

Answer
sorry it took long for me to respond.
My painters HATE Behr! It is rated high in CONSUMER REPORTS  because consumers are rating it! Not pros. C compared to other "consumer" products it is OK.

We use SW and BenMoore but we love PPG (Pittsburgh) from the Pittsburgh paint store. They have the best paint (not the Pittsburgh paint sold at Home Depot or Menards. The paint that are sold at the PPG stores).

Behr Looks nice and thick, like it would be perfect! But when you paint with it it it sprays, drips, sags, not-high hide, Basically everything opposite of what paint should do.

If you are going to get Behr do you self a favor and go to SW and ask for ProMar 200 in your finish. Or go to PPG store and ask for Speedhide. better paint cheaper price.

Regal is great, overrated and cost to much. You can ask Sw dealer do they have any sales coming up. They usually in spring do a 1/2 off. If you can wait for that and call and see when that is going to be than I would go that route. Than use Sw Duration paint love, love , love it. So will you. It is nice to paint with, stays nice through life of paint cycle. Happy painting and also invest in a good brush, roller sleave. 3/4 inch nap and the SW blue handle store brand brush is easy to use to paint with.  

Painting & Wallpapering

Laura Mesich