Painting & Wallpapering/messy primer

Question
Hello!  I have two bad situations I need advice about, please.  We had our drywall man do smooth walls for us and it looked nice- level 4 maybe.  My husband has sprayed primer over it while another person rolled it. The result is an uneven, spiratic texture all over.  It looks pretty bad.  The roller was 1/2" nap, so that is part of it.  I tried to sand the primer down and couldn't get it off.  What has to be done to get the walls back to smooth?  My second issue is similar.  In the rest of the house, my husband sprayed a "level 5" primer. (Tuff-Hide- or similar) He sprayed in uneven strips, leaving thick and thin lines.  Have you ever worked with that product?  Do we just sand everything?  We're talking about an entire house, unfortunately. Help!

Answer
Tacy

Firstly  WHY are you applying Primer to fresh plaster !!! New surfaces should be allowed to breath and non vinyl emulsion is the finest treatment.

Any thing else  traps in moisture and will lead to cracks and splitting.

Unfortunately there is no easy remedy, all surface coatings will have to be removed by sanding.  Make sure the abrasion is not too rough to avoid damaging surface.

Once removed apply a coat of contract (Non VINYL) emulsion thinned to 50% then subsequent coats thinned to 10%.

A 1/2" roller nap is adequate but will give a little orange peel, I would be tempted to use a short acrylic head.

Sorry to be so negative but I can only respond truthfully !!!!

Tony.

Painting & Wallpapering

Tony Gallagher