Painting & Wallpapering/How do I paint the frame of a sliding glass door?

Question
QUESTION: I have a Marvin Integrity sliding patio door with a bare wood interior. I need to paint the interior frame but have a question about part of it. There is one door panel that doesn't move and then one panel that slides to open. Part of the frame of the panel that does not move is behind the panel that does move. This is true whether the door is open or closed. I'm trying to figure out how to paint that part of the frame. There is a very thin (and I mean VERY thin) gap between the two frames. I might be able to figure out some way to get a paint pad in the gap but it certainly wouldn't be a very elegant paint job. Do you have any suggestions for me? Removing the sliding panel is not a practical option.  Thanks!

ANSWER: The only option I know of to paint that edge you are talking about is to remove the sliding door.
I talked to a Marvin door representative and he agreed with me.

QUESTION: Thanks so much for the response and for checking with Marvin!  I'm just curious...is removing and reinstalling a sliding panel a standard thing that most professional painters can do?  I know the adjustments to make the door slide properly and lock would have to be re-done when it's reinstalled so I didn't know if painters typically would do that.  Thanks!

Answer
Some painters do.. Most of the time, they don't have to be re-adjusted (only minor).
I usually take the door off, but I do not guarantee they might have to be readjusted professionally.
If you are going to have another painter do the job, I'd suggest talking to him and see what he usually does.

It is best to ask the painter if he does.
A lot of times. it is best to have it done by a professional installer,each individual case is different.
Best of luck  

Painting & Wallpapering

Ed Kuchar