Palm Pilots, Handspring Visors & PDAs/What smartphone

QUESTION: Hey Salman,

Even though 2 of these phones are not out yet, what smartphone would you recommend between the HTC Butterfly S, Motorola X and Lenovo P780?

I am looking for amazing battery life, GOOD camera and HD screen.

Also, I don't use my phone to play any games. What should be most important to me - faster CPU OR more cores (quad core)?

ANSWER: Dear Matthew,

I am amazed that why you left to mention the best phones  like Samsung S4 or iPhone 5.

As I think first feature to consider when selecting any mobile or table is screen  Display quality,

I will add two mobiles in your list and enlist features here,

1- Display resolution

HTC Butterfly S- Samsung Galaxy S4 - Motorolla X - iphone 5 - LenovoP780

1920 x 1080    -  1920 x 1080      -   1280x720  - 1136x640 - 1280x720

So you can easily infer that these two HTC Butterfly S & Samsung Galaxy S4 are better then the rest so below I will compare these two for these selected features as desired by you ,

2- Battery

HTC Butterfly S - Samsung Galaxy S4
3200mAh         -  2600mAh

3- Camera
HTC Butterfly S - Samsung Galaxy S4
Front: 2MP Back: 4MP          Front: 2MP , Back: 13MP

Now conclusion is the Display of both mobile is same; battery vise HTC Butterfly is superior and camera of Samsung Galaxy S4 is far better.

So if you like the design and looks of HTC Butterfly S then choose that otherwise pick Samsung Galaxy S4.

QUESTION: Hey Salman, thanks for getting back!

Firstly, having used both, Samsung (S2, S3, Note II) and iPhone 4, I am NOT a fan of either. I find Apple way too restrictive and I don't like the "plasticky" feel and look of the high-end Samsung's. After all, after shelling out big money, you want something that feels "premium" to look, hold and feel. No?
This rules out the iPhone 5 and Samsung S4.

Anyway, I am curious to know why you say that the first thing to consider when selecting a mobile phone is the screen resolution/display.
Is that the deal breaker for you?

Like I mentioned, I need to go at least 15 hours without charging. This means that BATTERY LIFE is MOST important to me.
Please note that I am on 3G a lot, which I know is a battery hog.
A GOOD CAMERA is EQUALLY important to me!

Please compare the specs of the HTC Butterfly S and the Huawei Ascend D2.

HTC Butterfly S:
a. Screen: 5" Full HD LCD, 440 ppi.
b. Battery: 3,200 mAh
c. Camera: 4MP (rear), 2MP (front)
d. CPU: 1.9GHz quad-core
e. RAM: 2GB

Huawei Ascend D2:
a. Screen: 5" Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS, 443 ppi Super Retina LCD.
b. Battery: 3,000 mAh
c. Camera: 13MP (rear), 1.3MP (front)
d. CPU: 1.5GHz quad-core
e. RAM: 2GB
Additionally, it is ALSO water and dust resistant and has an aluminum body and metal frame.

The pricing is not out yet for the Ascend D2; but I bet it is going to be 1/3rd the price of the Butterfly S.

All things considered, what would be your choice between them for me?

P.S. Would the Lenovo P780 even figure in this list?

Dear Matthew,

I am glad to find out you know a lot about mobiles.
First I will answer your questions

Yes obviously screen resolution/display is the main feature to consider before selecting any smartphone because user mostly use/watch screen.
Next thing is form factor or general appearance. If someone doesn't like the shape he won't use that gadget.
I recommend HTC butterfly S as you mentioned you give more weight to feel and personally I used HTC smartphones and there metal or polished feel is far better then Samsung.

Now I want to inform you that AllExperts service is for people who are not techie or expert of course excluding you or me. If you  want to judge my knowledge then please don't waste your time because I have to reply other people questions; do keep in mind this is free service not paid .

Palm Pilots, Handspring Visors & PDAs

Salman Zeb Khan

I can offer help for Pocket PC related problems, suggestions for buying a new one, configuring all features of the Pocket PC; All Windows Mobile based operating system i.e 2003,2005 or 2006. I can`t offer help for Palm operated devices also can't answer questions which involve hardware troubleshooting or software errors for these questions please refer to PDA manufacturer support.

I am using PDA's since 2000

I have done Electrical Engineering and MBA